TERMS & CONDITIONS
Terms And Conditions
[Updated Nov 1, 2021]
Give2Win is a trading name of Give2Win Ltd.,
whose registered office address is
379 Orchards Blvd SW, Edmonton, AB T6X 2E1, Canada
Upon entering in any Fundraiser, Entrants will be required to tick on the Website that they have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions are over the age of 18, and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Every Give2Win Fundraiser is operated by the “Promoter”.
How to Enter
- By Purchasing a Ticket, Entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not so agree, do not buy any Tickets.
- To validly enter any Fundraiser, Entrants must do all of the following:
- Select the Fundraiser you wish to enter, select the number of Tickets you would like to purchase;
- When you are ready to purchase your Ticket(s), provide your contact and payment details. You will need to check your details carefully and tick the declaration at checkout, confirming you have read and understood the Fundraisers Terms and Conditions;
- Once your payment has cleared, we will email you to confirm your entry into the Fundraiser. Please note that when entering online you will not be deemed entered into the Fundraiser until we confirm your Order, in an email back to you. So check your Junk mail.
- At the Promoter’s sole discretion, the requirement to pay the cost of a Ticket may be satisfied by redeeming a discount code or credit provided to the Entrant under one of its promotional schemes. Entries so credited as paid shall have the same status as Entries paid in cash excepting that they shall not count towards the total of available paid Tickets per Fundraiser.
- The Ticket cost must be received by the Promoter in Canadian dollars only, and if you make payment in a different currency, the amount you pay in that currency may have currency exchange and international transfer charges added.
- The Promoter will store and process the Entrant’s personal information (which must include details of at least one form of contact which will be used for the following purposes:
- to notify any Winner or Runner(s) Up that they that they have won a prize in the Fundraiser;
- to administer the Website and conduct the Fundraiser; and
- after a Draw, to post the Winner and any Runner(s) Up’s first name only and town of residence on the Website and in publicity about the Fundraiser.
- All Entrants are solely and completely responsible for providing the Promoters with accurate and current contact details.
- The Promoter will be in no way liable for any failure or inability to make contact with any Entrant due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details provided by the Entrants or otherwise.
- The Promoter will not accept:
- responsibility for Entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause including, for example, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
- any other purported proof of entry to the Fundraiser other than as recorded by the Website’s systems.
- An Entry shall be declared void (without any refund being given) if the Entrant engages in: (a) any form of fraud (actual or apparent); (b) fraudulent misrepresentation; (c) fraudulent concealment; (d) hacking or interference with the proper functioning of the Website; or (e) amending, or unauthorised use of, any of the code that constitutes the Website.
- Each individual Entrant may submit up to 55 (fifty-five) valid Entries.
- Only valid Entries will be entitled to participate in any Fundraiser and will proceed to the Draw phase, and be eligible to win any prize in the Fundraiser.
- All Entries will become the property of the Promoters on receipt and will not be returned.
- All Entries submitted in any Fundraiser are final and no refunds shall be made at any time or for any reason, except in the case of Entries submitted after the Closing Date for which payment has been taken.
- For any person who wants to join a Fundraiser giveaway without financially contributing, may send a handwritten entry by mail to: GIVE2WIN LTD., 379 Orchards Blvd SW, AB, Canada T6X 2E1, Attn: “Give2Win [Fundraiser Name]”. Your Entry must be legibly hand-printed or written on a blank 8.5” x 11” piece of paper, and must include: (a) an original answer to this question: “What does “Giving is Winning” sincerely mean to you?” All free entries must be received before the close of the Fundraiser. Three (3) free entries only, per person, per Fundraiser. You must also add your address and telephone number in order for your Ticket numbers to be Processed and Activated.
- Free Entries cannot be made on behalf of other people. If it comes to our attention that 1 person has entered under multiple names/addresses then all entries from this person will be void, this applies to free entries via post only. When the maximum Number of entries or the Closing Date is reached, the Fundraiser will close.
- All postal entries must be sent on an 8.5” x 11” piece of paper, including the following details: Full Name, Email Address, Phone Number, Full Address, Answer to the Question, and agreement to our T&C’s. All details needs to be either typed or very clearly written, we cannot enter you into the Fundraiser if we cannot read your writing on your entry. Only 1 entry per envelope. If we receive an envelop containing multiple entries, this will not comply with the above terms and conditions, and entries will not be deemed valid in the Fundraiser.
- Free Entries will be credited as paid, and shall have the same status as Entries paid in cash, excepting that they shall not count towards the total number of Purchasable Tickets available.
- Fundraisers are open for entry only to private individuals (i.e., not companies or businesses) aged 18 or over, excluding:
- the Promoter, agents, employees or professional advisers; or
- anyone else connected with the development or operation of the Website or the conduct or administration of the Fundraiser in any way, shape or form;
- In entering any Fundraiser, all Entrants confirm that they are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize awarded in the Fundraiser. The Promoters may require any Entrant (including any winners or Runner(s) Up to provide Proof that they were eligible to enter the Fundraiser.
- The Promoter will not accept Entries that are:
- automatically generated by computer;
- illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
- or incomplete
- The Promoters reserve all rights to disqualify Entrants if their conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of any Fundraiser.
- Entries on behalf of another person can be accepted and joint submissions are allowed.
- Once an Entrants Ticket(s) has been deemed the “Winner”, that Entrant will first go through a Pre-Winner verification process, where that Entrant will also be required to complete a Skill Testing Question, to ensure full compliance with the Canadian Government requirements.
- By entering any Fundraiser, all Entrants warrant that all information which they submit is accurate, true, current and complete. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant (entirely at their own discretion) if there are reasonable grounds to believe the Entrant has acted in breach of any of these Terms and Conditions.
The Prize and the Draw
- The Official Winner and any Runner Up’s will be determined and awarded the prizes so specified on the Website and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- The Draw to determine the Winner and any Runner(s) Up We will take place within 72 hours after all tickets are sold. (Subject always to the extension of the Closing Date.)
- The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, and at any time during any Fundraiser up to the end of the Closing Date, extend time to a new Closing Date. Also, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, and at any time during any Fundraiser bring forward the Closing Date to a new Closing Date, to be before and no later than the specified Closing Date.
- If any Winner or Runner Up’s cannot be contacted by the Promoter within 3 days of being notified of their status as the Winner by e-mail and/or, telephone to the contact details submitted in their Entry, the Promoter shall be entitled to award their prize to the Entrant next Drawn, with the effect that the first Runner Up (as applicable) would become the Winner, and so on. Any alternate Winner or Runner Up shall likewise comply with the above 3-day contact requirement.
- Pre-Winners will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility /Publicity and Liability Release within 24 hours of confirmed notification of Winner status, or prize will be forfeited and an alternate Winner determined at random from among all eligible entries.
- The Promoter shall take all reasonable steps to ensure and preserve the random nature of the Draw but shall not be required to comply with any particular regulatory or other standards in this respect. The conduct of the Draw shall be verified by a person, people, agent, software or company who are independent of the Promoter and any Entrant and the Promoter shall, where practically feasible broadcast live streaming video of the Draw on a widely available social media platform and later on the Website. The result(s) of the Draw are final and the Promoter shall not enter into any correspondence in relation to the same.
- The Promoter shall publish the details of the Non-profit Donations made on the Website. The Promoter’s calculations of the Non-profit Donation apportionment are final and no correspondence shall be entered into in relation to it. At the end of each Fundraiser, the Partnered Non-profit will receive a Donation of the specified amount, which is noted under every Fundraiser’s prize details.
- The Winner and any Runner(s) Up will be required to forward a copy of their Government-issued identification, with one proof of address bill or statement (or in some circumstances, possibly a combination of more).
- The Promoter can store the chosen prize free of charge for 30 days after notifying the First Prize Winner, at the end of which time the First Prize will be delivered to the Winner, or Prize may be forfeited, in which another Winner will be determined.
- Winner is responsible for all costs and fees associated with picking up prize (including but not limited to airfare, gas, temporary registration, insurance, towing fees, etc…). The prize is awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Failure to take delivery within 30 days of availability could cause prize to be forfeited and awarded to an alternate. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
- Prize Winner is responsible for the payment of any taxes on their prize that may be required to fully receive the Prize shipped to their front door, (including Grand Prize tax offset) and for any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of the prize. Promoter reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value at any time during the duration of the Sweepstakes.
- The Winner and any Runner(s) Up shall be announced and publicized on the Website and via email marketing campaigns, as well as on the Promoters associated Social media pages/sites, such as Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Any Winner and Runner(s) Up shall co-operate with and participate in the Promoter’s reasonable publicity requests.
Limitation of Liability
- The liability of the Promoter to each Entrant is limited to the aggregate value of the Entry Fees paid by that Entrant.
- The Promoters accept no liability for errors or omissions contained within the description of the prize or the Prize Value or for any other description or specification or any other part of the Website. It is the responsibility of each Entrant (and in particular the Winner) to satisfy him/herself as to the accuracy of any such details and/or any content of the Website.
- Each Entrant agrees that the usual requirement under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 for any goods and services ordered online to be supplied within 30 days will not apply to any Fundraiser.
- The Promoters reserve the right to suspend or cancel any Fundraiser at any time either before or after Entries have been received. If any Fundraiser is cancelled, the Promoter will replace Entrants Ticket with a full refund, to original payment source. Any Ticket refunds may or may not be subject to deduction of any irrecoverable service charge fees, which are 1.5% of Ticket Price. Where the Ticket is returned, the Promoter shall have no further liability to the Entrant or to any other person.
- The Promoters reserve the right to cancel any Fundraiser in the event that an order is made or a resolution is passed for the winding up of the Promoter, or an order is made for the appointment of an administrator to manage the affairs of the Promoter, or circumstances arise which entitle a court or creditor to appoint a receiver or manager or which entitle a court to make a winding up order, or the Promoter takes or suffers any analogous action in consequence of debt or an application to court for protection from its creditors is made by the Promoter.
- The Promoters reserve the right to make reasonable amendments to these Terms and Conditions at any time, with immediate effect upon publishing such amendments on the Website. Any such amendments shall not prejudice any Entries received prior to the time of such changes.
- These Terms and Conditions shall not create or be construed as creating any form of contract, joint venture or other agreement between any Entrant and the Promoters.
- Every Fundraiser, its administration and all associated activities shall be governed by the laws of Canada, within the specific requires of the Canadian Competition Act.
- Each Entrant should retain a copy of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of their Entry for their future reference.
By accepting a Prize, Winner agrees to hold Promoter harmless against any and all claims and liability from any accident, loss or injury occurring from this promotion or in any way related to the prize or use/misuse thereof, or while traveling to and/or from a location to obtain or use a prize. No substitution or transfer of prize allowed, except at Promoter’s sole discretion. Promoter’s shall not be liable for any printing or other errors or for delays in mail service. All entries become the property of the Promoter and will not be acknowledged or returned. By participating in any Fundraiser, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Promoter, which are final and binding. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding any Fundraisers are to be directed to the Promoter at the address indicated on Terms # 16.
WAIVERS, DISCLAIMERS, RELEASES, INDEMNITY: BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF- POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED FIVE DOLLARS (US$5.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED FIVE DOLLARS (US$5.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES (I) TO ABIDE BY THE TERMS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES WHICH ARE FINAL AND BINDING ON ALL MATTERS RELATING TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES, AND (II) TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OR LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY ACTIVITY RELATED THERETO.
INTERNET: Promoter and any Internet access or service providers are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry of entry information, human or other error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof, inability to access Web sites, or damage to a user’s computer system (hardware or software) due to participation in this Sweepstakes. If Promoter determines, in their sole discretion, that there is any suspected or actual electronic tampering with the Sweepstakes or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Sweepstakes or if any noncompliance with the rules has occurred, Promoter reserves the right to void the entries at issue and/ or terminate the Sweepstakes and conduct a random drawing to award the Prizes using all eligible, non- suspect entries received in the applicable drawing pool as of the promotion end date. If the Sweepstakes is terminated due to tampering or technical difficulties prior to its end date, notice will be posted at www.80eighty.com. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this Sweepstakes is unlawful and subject to legal action by the Promoter or its agents. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The “authorized account” holder is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Any online entries submitted by automated means, or third-party, will be disqualified. Entries will not be valid until Promoter received by Promoter.